Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cryptids pt. 1


We have an assignment in Digital Illustration class in which we have to draw 3 cryptids. This is the first of my 3, the dreaded Ninki Nanka from the Congo, a 50-foot crocodilian type creature reminiscent of mosasaurs. I've been reading a lot of Jack Kirby's 1978 comic Devil Dinosaur lately, which is where I'm drawing my inspiration from. Here's some of Kirby's Devil Dinosaur work. The comic is about a red T-Rex type creature and "Moon Boy, the first human." It's a comic about a giant red dinosaur that rules the valley while this little ape-man rides around on his back and gives him orders. What more could you ask for?



Every issue of Devil Dinosaur seems to have a killer 2-page splash. Maybe I'll post more of the splashes later.





No comments: