Thursday, April 2, 2009

LAZERZ


I painted this in Photoshop for James Obrien's Digital Illustration class. We were given some time in class to do an illustration inspired by the topic word "tangle." I came up with some tangled electricity/energy beam. I got the idea from looking at the concept drawings in the Special Features section of my Ghostbusters DVD. They had designed some really cool looking beams and drew them on black paper with what I remember to be chalk or pastel. This was really fun to make, and I think it's neat to look at so I'll probably make more.

6 comments:

Junichi said...

Cool! And Good idea!
Hmmm.

Thank you.

P.S. I linked to this blog. Please let me know if you don't like it.

Monstertoke said...

your so good at everything jeeze

Anonymous said...

I really like this, too!

Josh 'Hat' Lieberman said...

Hey dude
Thanks for the comment, glad it made sense to somebody. Yeah it doesn't matter where you go, it all just depends on how much you put in.

I learn more from watching and studying old cartoons than I ever could in a class. I did this board breakdown a while ago of 'what's opera doc', a sort of reverse engineering;
http://kn8ian.blogspot.com/2007/01/whats-opera-doc-boards.html
Picked up things about everything, timing, framing, staging, layout...

Your stuff is great too man, I meant to comment a while ago but got side tracked. Love your style.

Owen Dennis! said...

Was- what just- did you call me? It's like the bat signal, what am I doing here?

The Lazerfoot Collective said...

Lazer...foot?