Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Surface of the Moon


Here's my latest background painting effort, a panning shot of the moon. I wanted to finish this one quickly, and I did, but that meant I wouldn't allow myself to go back and work new ideas into it. The result is a piece that I like, but think could have stronger/more fun design. It was fun to do though, so I'll probably make a better moon shot in the future. I've been listening to a lot of John Lear and Richard C. Hoagland's interviews about how they believe there to be mining operations on the moon as we speak and even that the moon itself is artificial and was towed into orbit thousands of years ago. ... They're a lot of fun to listen to.

1 comment:

aaaa said...

Maaan I love your use of color. The textures are killer too. Great background.

PS: You should make a wallpaper sized one sometime. I'd be rockin' it for a long time.